Monday, June 8, 2009

There is a new baby to add to the art collection! It's a baby sparrow.

I've had birds on my mind a lot lately. Maybe it is because I have two windows in my painting studio that give a great view of our bird feeders in the backyard. So while I'm painting, I easily get distracted by those birds...and an occasional pesky squirrel that steals their food. So I've been painting and thinking about those birds and the verse in the Bible that talks about sparrows. "His eye is on the sparrow" kept going through my mind over and over. I decided to take a break from the custom orders and give painting a sparrow a try. I figured if I could get it painted it wouldn't keep going over and over in my mind. I started it on Friday. Didn't have time to finish because we were attending my nephew's wedding in Athens, Ga. I was really disappointed that I couldn't get it finished. We made the 3 1/2 hr drive for the wedding on Saturday. It was such a sweet wedding ceremony! It also a blessing to see two people purpose in their hearts to have a Christian marriage. Their wedding vows were amazing. They taught a Biblical lesson on marriage through their vows. I received an extra special blessing from the wedding.... for all their music, Mark and Anna chose hymns. It was a sweet surprise when the first hymn sung was none other than "His Eye is on the Sparrow" ! It was really special! It was ok that I didn't finish my baby bird after all. So I'm back in the studio today and Just finished up my little baby bird. The verses about the sparrow are very comforting. Luke 12: 6 & 7 and Matthew 10:29-31. I'm going to make this design into prints but I also want to use it on cards. I think I'll include those verses on the back of the card. Now maybe I can focus on finishing up those orders :)

No comments: