Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BEE Happy!









































The final touches to the "Happy Flowers" are finally complete!









I finished the last detail of the Happy Flowers just as the lady on the downloaded audio book, Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott, finished reading the last chapter. Perfect timing! My daughter, Allana, just introduced me to the website for the audio books. I'm so glad I gave it a try. It has been different having someone read to me....usually I'm the one doing the reading while Micah listens. It was nice to listen to this sweet and refreshing story as I painted flowers. I haven't read a Louisa May Alcott book in such a long time, well, not since I was a young girl.... which was quite a few years ago.



I painted this set for a little girl that has the Happy Flower bedding set from Target. She is about to move into her big girl room. I experimented with painting a variety of background papers as options for these designs. They will be available with a white background or with a striped background. I'm excited that I was able to get a slide show added to the side...I won't mention how long it took me to figure it out though! You can see how the design will look with the different background colors :) yay!


This little garden includes a set of three different floral designs each with scripture verses that make good "how to be happy" reminders. It seemed to take the longest to narrow down which verses to choose for the designs. There are so many good ones...it was hard. God has been teaching me some things about my happiness, my mind and my heart.... so these verses reflect some of what the Lord has been teaching me personally. Happiness is all in my perspective. When the focus of my mind and my heart gets off of God and onto things or people I quickly get out of sorts. It happens so quickly. Through reading the Old Testament, He is showing me so much about the importance of the condition of my heart. He sees my heart and it's motives. He sees what is deep inside. I think it is pretty amazing! I hope you are blessed by what you see and the reminders they include.
I'll have these designs available in my online gift shop: www.fromtheheartart.com and in my ebay store.



Well, thanks to my daughter introducing me to http://www.librivoxx.org/, I enjoyed going back in time as I listened to the adventures of a little girl named Rose & her eight boy cousins, while painting a Happy Flower Garden for modern day girls. Hmm.... I just realized how funny that is....listening to a story about a girl named Rose....while painting flowers! Wasn't planned that way. I started out listening to a Mark Twain story....it started out with Eve being critical of the creation....I decided quickly I didn't need to fill my mind up with that. Good thing Allana warned me to be cautious of some of the books. She does good to look out for her momma! Lousia May Alcott was the next author's name I recognized. So I'm glad I found it. I might have to check out the sequel for the next painting. :)

1 comment:

Tereza Crump said...

Hi Pam, thanks for stopping by my blog. and yes, librivox is great... I use it all the time with my homeschooling kids.