Wednesday, June 17, 2009

There is a new baby in my Jungle. It is a baby Tiger!
He was created as a special request from a very special lady. She is a good customer, friend, and "teeth cleaner lady"a.k.a. dental hygienist.
She has taken on the project of cleaning and decorating her church's nursery. It is in an older church and very outdated. She wanted to give it a fresh look to make it more welcoming to parents. She has taken the project on herself. She has painted the walls yellow and decided to decorate the walls with my Jungle Collection prints. After framing and hanging her new Jungle Babies, she decided it was missing an important animal. She told me that since it is Auburn, she really wanted a tiger to add to that empty spot on the wall. Of all the animals I've painted, I've never done a tiger. ... until now! I delivered him to her today along with the sign I painted for the nursery door. So now the newly decorated walls in the little "country" church in Auburn are complete!
And I'm happy because my friend is happy and excited about this fresh new room in their church. It is always such a blessing to do projects like this in the Lord's House. I bet the joy & excitement will be contagious! I'm thinking it probably won't be long before they decide to update another room and make it fresher and more welcoming... and this time I bet she'll have others wanting to join in.

Now on to my next special project in the works. A painting using a poem for a Down's Syndrome baby due to be born in August. I've been praying the Lord would give me the picture to go with the poem. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Tereza Crump said...

hi Pam, your blog looks great so does your art! please stop by my other blogs too mylordandI.blogspot.com

Blessings, Tereza

fromtheheartart said...

Thank you for your encouragement in getting it going. I'm open to any suggestions. I'll check your other blog out too!